Sunday 17 April 2011

Back from Nepal

Just back from a truly fantastic 2 week kayaking trip in Nepal. Its my third trip there but my first in over 10 years. The place and the paddling has always left a huge impression on me and this time was no different.

Paddling the Loki Prototype on the Kali Gandaki


With low spring flows we opted for picking off lots of the classic short multi day trips and ended up doing the following:
2 days - Trisuli
3 days - Kali Gandaki
3 days - Marshyangdi
lastly
4 days doing laps on various sections of the Bhote Kosi including the big gorge below Last Resort

With a total of 14 complete days in country we spent 12 of them on the river. Not bad at all I think!! :-)

I apologise to anyone who bumps into me over the next couple of months. I'm so full of kayaking stories and enthusiasm for Nepal there is a good chance I'll go on about it all quite a bit.

I'll include some of the stories along with more detail on our itineray on my blog, goto http://ianganderton.wordpress.com/category/nepal/ for details.

A huge thankyou to Daz of www.purelandexpeditions.com whose advice and help along the way greatly contributed to the success of our trip. If you fancy joining a post monsoon Sun Kosi trip this autumn then check out http://purelandexpeditions.com/page8.htm for dates and information. Its one of the worlds classic river journeys and a must do for any kayaker or rafter. With the opening of the new whitewater kayaing and rafting facility later this summer in Al Ain all sorts of options become possible for those of us based in the Middle East.

For now I'll leave you a slideshow of pics from the trip


No comments:

Post a Comment